By: Madeeha Araj,
Israeli ruling extremist party led by Minister of Education, Naftali Bennett intends to exploit the Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move his country's embassy to the holy city to gradually change the legal and political status in the West Bank through imposing Israeli laws on settlements of the West Bank, as the Israeli Knesset allows such a move, it opens the way for the declaration of Israeli "sovereignty" over all settlements in the West Bank. Within the context, president of the settlement, "Kiryat Yam," has launched the name of US President Donald Trump on the park, which the municipality intends to open, thus, mayor of the settlement sent a letter to Trump to attend the opening ceremony.
The Israeli government is preparing to approve the construction of 14,000 housing units in the occupied city of Jerusalem. The Minister of Construction and Housing in the Israeli government, Yo'av Galant, has prepared a plan to distribute these units, including the construction of 1,000 settlement units in the Pisgat Ze'ev settlement and 3,000 in the Katmon settlement "And 5,000 in the Loven Mountain within the borders of occupied Jerusalem, in addition to the construction of 5,000 settlement units in the Atarot settlement.
Within the context, preparation of a huge construction project in the area of Jabal Mukaber was revealed, and a deal was signed between the "Ramat" settlement and the "brothers Nuaiman was revealed", to start the project on land located in the "Arnona" neighborhood and the Palace of the High Commissioner on Jabal Mukaber", to build hundreds of settlement units, two hotels and a large commercial center.
While the Finance Committee at the Knesset approved a special budget of NIS 45,000,000 in order to fortify public transport among settlements built in the occupied Palestinian territories. "That means saving the lives of the settlers and supporting the settlements," said committee member, Moti Yajev.
The Israeli army has launched a special campaign to destroy large mines in the occupied Syrian Golan in order to use the land for agriculture, construction of tourist facilities and the expansion of settlements, so, the government has allocated NIS 375,000,000 for the establishment of 750 new farms in the occupied Golan by 2018. Thus, the Israeli settlement aims to increase the number of tourists from 3 million today to 5 million.
According to the International Law, the occupying state is prohibited from using the areas it occupied nor any of its resources for its needs and for the purpose of developing its economy and operating, a new report by the Israeli organization B'Tselem revealed that the Israeli government is running a waste treatment facility in the West Bank being an occupying power. A B'Tselem survey found that there are 15 waste treatment facilities, 6 of them are operating in the West Bank – 4 treat waste and hazardous materials produced in Israel - including contaminated medical waste, used solvents, metals, used batteries and materials produced by the electronics industry; and another facility that works to treat sewage sludge. Waste treatment in the West Bank is only another brick in the structure of the Israeli occupation regime, which has been persisting for 50 years.
In Jerusalem, a session was held in the occupation municipality during which "the project of aerial and ground train settlement to link East Jerusalem with Western Jerusalem. The mayor of the Israeli occupation gave a detailed presentation on the "Aerial and Ground Train" project for Israeli personalities and representatives of several ministries and various organizations. The plan will be implemented in several phases, the first of which will be for an aerial train. According to the plan, the train starts from the Baq'a neighborhood in the Western Jerusalem through Wadi Hilweh and Mount Zion in the Silwan town to the Moroccan Gate. The second track starts from Ein Silwan in the Wadi Hilweh neighborhood to the Moroccan Gate through the Jewish tombs. The Mayor also spoke about the outline of a metro train from the Al-Buraq courtyard to the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, to the neighborhoods of West Jerusalem. The project will be presented to the Government for approval, and then to be launched by mid-2019.
Moreover, much of the land that was confiscated by the Israeli occupation authorities for general use is privately owned by the Palestinians was allocated to settlers evacuated from the "Amona" settlement outpost. On the political front, while European leaders announced their rejection of the US president's decision that Jerusalem was the capital of the Israeli occupation, they sharply criticized the Israeli government's policy, especially regarding the settlement project, Israeli PM Netanyahu said during meetings with European Union leaders said, his government would not affect the settlement project in the occupied Palestinian territories, and won't evacuate any settler, and will continue to build and expand settlements.
Within the context, General, Amram Levine, a security figure in the "Zionist Camp," said that "because of the settlers, the Palestinians were forced to abandon the idea of obtaining the 1967 borders, thanks to settlers; we will regain the settlement blocs. Speaking on Jerusalem, he added, the city of David will be ours, Jerusalem is divided today, and we can't get into all of its neighborhoods, it should be expanded and every meter seized will be or us. He also justified the occupation and defended the settlement, and waved to displace the Palestinians again if they refused the Israeli dictations, adding they will not be here ymore in any upcoming war, we will push them beyond the Jordan River, so we must fight them.
A list of the Assaults Documented by the National Bureau Perpetrated by Israeli Occupation and Settlers over the last week:
- Continuation of Judaizing the occupied Jerusalem, occupation authorities of the archeology and nature stormed the Bab Al-Rahma Cemetery adjacent to the Al-Aqsa Mosque; they also prevented the citizens entry to it. Moreover, they cut trees and to dig a number of graves to seize it to establish structures for cable-cars and tents for Talmudic Parks.
- Chanting racist slogans for the killing of Arabs, and performing Talmudic prayers in Al-Aqsa.
- Organizing a provocative march at Al-Wad St. that leads to the historic markets and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Old Jerusalem.
- Beating young men, Tariq, Hani and Bashar Al-Asouli at St. no. 1 that isolates the city to two parts near Al-Masarara Commercial Neighborhood near Bab Al-Amud, and then they were admitted to hospital.
- Running over child, Razan Mu'taz Jabir, 5, in the Jabir neighborhood in the southern part of the city of Hebron, she was admitted to the Hebron Governmental Hospital.
- Attacking citizens from the Zain family in the Aqwis area east of Yatta, they were planting their land with winter crops. Worth mentioning here that the family has a decision from the Israeli Supreme Court to use its land.
- Handing over a demolition order to Khalid Abu Khyara in the Al-Walaja village, to demolish his 120 m2 under the pretext of being built without a permit.
- Transferring Adham Hamamde's house in Beit Jala, west of Bethlehem, into a monitoring checkpoint.
- Storming the Solomon's Tourist Pools and performing Talmudic rituals under the protection of the occupation.
- Attacking the Burin village, and assaulted the citizens. Israeli occupation army admitted that about 40 masked settlers attacked Palestinian civilians in Burin and threw stones at them and towards their homes.
- Settlers attacked the Oref village including Israeli ministers of agriculture and deputy Israeli foreign minister, as the Israeli occupation army closed the main entrance entrances of the village and deployed scores of soldiers in order for storming it.
- Israeli occupation army recently ended investigation regarding the killing of Mah'd Za'al Odeh from Qusra of the village near Nablus, results have absolute the so-called commander of the central region of the occupation army, Brig. Gen. Roni Numa of the murder.
- Preventing farmers in the Falamia town and other neighboring villages from reaching their farmland behind the Apartheid Wall, thus, destroying their agricultural crops, and causing great losses in order to compel them leave their farms in favor of settlement expansion.
- Seriously wounded, Hamed Al-Omri, 15, when Israeli soldiers fired live bullets at a number of Palestinian youths, claiming that they approached the fence near the Ariel settlement, and saying that one of them was having a knife. Investigations showed that the child did not carry a knife.
- Military training with live ammunition in the Al-Shq Area west of Khirbet Farsi in the northern Jordan Valley, using tanks and armored jeeps, and scores of armored soldiers deployed in the area, amid the sound of explosions and heavy fire, which prevented shepherds flee.
- Killing a 60 years old lady, Hamda Zubaydat, as a result of sound bombs during the invasion of the Zubaidat town.
- Two youths were injured after being run over by an Israeli military jeep during clashes that broke out at the Jelma Checkpoint.